Find the insurance you need for you and your family at the best rates for free.
Learn anything with a free 14-day trial or 30% off an annual subscription
Taking the PE exam has been one of the hardest and most fulfilling things I have done in my career so far. It was challenging but I think with the right amount of practice, preparation, and strategy, you can pass the exam.
If you have not heard the previous podcast I highly recommend you go back and check them out. I would recommend you start with “Why Taking the PE Exam Made Me a Better Engineer ”, then “How to Prepare, Beat Anxiety, and Rock the PE Exam with Vanessa ”, and lastly check out “How to Make the Most Out of Your Career After Passing the PE Exam with Isaac Oakeson”
Today on PE day. I wanted to take sometime to acknowledge all the PEs and soon to be PE out there. I hope you enjoy this episode and hopefully it helps you better prepare for the exam
Questions Answered in This Episode
- PE Study Schedule, Material, and how to manage family, work, and study.
- Any tips for organizing the years of progressive engineering experience?
- Is an engineer required to sign for your hours?
- What if you can’t get someone to sign for your hours, what do you do?
- Should you worry about studying for the PE exam if you are just starting grad school?
- Do you need to have four years of experience documented before taking the exam in every state?
- What are the immediate benefits of taking the PE?
- How well does your job/degree prepare you to take the PE?
- When to take the FE
- How to handle concept questions on the PE
- The best time to take practice exams
- Things to consider when starting to study for the PE
- Whether to take the October ‘21 PE or wait until CBT in ‘22
- Budgeting study time leading up to the test
- Taking the PE straight out of college or waiting
- How to handle problems when you have no idea where to start
- What to do in the week leading up to the exam
- What to do after the exam
Tools and Resources
Civil Engineering Academy FE Toolkit
Civil Engineering Academy PE Toolkit
Civil Engineering PE Course
Civil Engineering Academy FE Course
Civil Engineering Reference Manual
Structural Engineering Reference Manual
Music by Jack Winders
Intro: Midwest Folks
Outro: Southern Skies
Follow him on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/0msfukZWdVoUHIvpFvanTU?si=U5jKEdjfSTOetL12ispLcg
Check my favorites
My favorite software
Connect with me
Sign up to my weekly email newsletter // https://www.luisfelipeduque.com/Newsletter
My website & blog // https://www.luisfelipeduque.com
Instagram // https://www.luisfelipeduque.com/Instagram
Twitter // https://www.luisfelipeduque.com/Twitter
LinkedIn // https://www.luisfelipeduque.com/LinkedIn
Facebook // https://www.luisfelipeduque.com/Facebook
YouTube // https://www.luisfelipeduque.com/YouTube